Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My latest revelation

Every 4 years I am reminded of just how much I dislike the political beast. I am not a hugely politcal person, but I do care who our elected officials are, especially the big P. There is so much crooked nonsense that goes on--let's begin with the fact that the big bipartisanship is unconstitutional in the first place. Actually, let's not begin anywhere, because it's all so miserable to talk about anyhoo. I just wish people would vote for the person that would do the best job, not just because they are popular, because they belong to this or that party, or because the media says so... Ugh.

Moving on...

I have somehow managed to forget every single person's birthday so far this year who are closest to me. I never do that! Actually I miss about 1 a year or so, but usually only by a day. So far I have missed my sister's and I even talked to her on the day of her birthday!!! Then my dad's birthday was after that--I think I called him a couple days later. Now my mother's birthday I missed by a week!!! I can't believe it! Where is my mind??? I feel awful! So, my deepest apologies to those I love so dearly! Please forgive me, and don't forget my birthday (...ha...kidding).

My revelation, which is all over the place, but bear with me:

Have you noticed the verse, "Blessed are you who are not offended by me."--Mat 11:6? It's a verse that came up after the miscarriage. How interesting that Jesus pointed out that there would be times where He would do something we could find offensive. The NIV version is, "Blessed is the man who does not fall away on account of me." I also read a book that a dear friend lent to me called, "Prisoner in the Third Cell" by Gene Edwards. It's a quick and easy read specifically about this verse, and really makes you think. So if I'm not offended by God (which honestly, is hard not to be in grievous and difficult circumstances) and I don't lose my faith, I get to experience that perseverence part. And then perseverence produces perfection (James 1:2-4)--so that I am not lacking in anything. For some reason, God set it up so that we must experience trials to grow. --And not just grow, but be complete. And He does this at the risk of some of us actually losing our faith! Is it just me, or is this something you haven't really thought about before?

Then, what does completeness & perfection look like....JESUS! What did Jesus do? He came to give each of us abundant life--in every way. "The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up, and the poor have good news preached to them." So, in perfection as Jesus was and is perfect, we get to literally do those things; not only do we get abundant life, but we are instumental in His giving it also!!! I believe it with all my heart. But we can't get there without these darn trials. I have a lot more thoughts on this--too many to write, but I'll sign off with this short story. John G. Lake was perhaps one of the greatest healers (aside from Jesus of course). He was saved at 16 and his healing ministry exploded after every single one of his family members died from various diseases. These huge trials caused him to press in to believe in God's healing power--commit his life to it; even though in the physical all he saw was death. And the power that God gave him to heal was so great that he could hold a long branch on one end and touch someone at the other end and they would be instantly healed. Cool, huh? If you ever have a chance to read about John G. Lake, you should. He started the Healing Rooms Ministries right here in Spokane and across the country.

Okay, that's all for now. I'll try to post some more pictures of the little cutie soon, since that's who everyone wants to see anyway.

1 comment:

chrisandshelly said...

It is so very nice to hear that'
you are searching out bible truths for these were meant to be found by our loving saviour. way to go.
I sure wish I was there having those conversations in person ya know. love ya